Home » Agency Fee Refund

Government workers who paid union “agency fees” or “fair share” fees before June 2018 may be able to get their money back.

For decades, teachers, first responders, social workers and other government employees across the U.S. were forced to give part of every paycheck to a government union even if they weren’t union members. These payroll deductions are called “fair share” fees, or “agency fees.”

In June 2018, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that these deductions are illegal.

What does this mean? If you are a government employee who was not a union member before June 2018, yet paid non-member fees to the union at your workplace then you may be entitled to a refund.

The Supreme Court said in Janus v. AFSCME that government employees cannot be required to pay any dues or fees to a government union. If you are not a union member, you should not be seeing any union deductions on your paycheck.

Prior to the ruling, most government workers paid between $500 and $1,000 a year in union agency fees—sometimes more. Any fees paid before June 2018 were illegal and we may be able to help you get some of that money back.

If you recently retired, don’t worry. You do not need to be currently employed by the government to be eligible for a refund.

If you were an agency fee payer on June 27, 2018 and you are interested in obtaining a refund, please contact us.

Contact Us To Get Help Today.

Please tell us more about your situation and how we can reach you. We’ll be in touch soon.